Get Your Sides On With Our Bangin’ Bonfire Bacon Potatoes!
At Ross and Ross, we reckon that the sides are every bit as important as the main event! Sure, you can have some absolutely delicious dishes for your main event- but no spread is ever complete without some delicious sides to compliment it!
The possibilities are endless and the flavour combinations are stunning - but especially when it comes to our special Bonfire Bacon Potatoes.
To get it absolutely perfect, you just have to try our homemade bacon making kit!
Why you should try our Make Your Own Bacon Kit
Our bacon curing kit takes you through a step by step guide to make your own bacon, and if you’re planning to lay out an incredible spread for Bonfire Night, why not go that extra mile!
Not only will your homemade bacon make the Bacon Potatoes extra delicious, but the kit itself will provide a brilliant, hands-on cooking experience that will expand upon your cooking prowess and impress your dinner guests.
The Bonfire Bacon Potatoes Recipe!
So, now you know what to buy, here’s how you can make our Bonfire Bacon Potatoes to go along with your BBQ meat this Bonfire Night. You can use your Curing Bacon Kit, or you can kick it up a notch with Spicy Homemade Bacon!
- Jacket potatoes
- Cheese (we love Monterey Jack cheese for this dish)
- Cooked cured bacon and cut into small bits
- Sour cream
- Optional: other toppings such as diced onions, chives, salsa, guacamole, jalapeños etc.
- Cook the jackets in the microwave, oven, or BBQ until they’re piping hot and potatoey fluffiness inside.
- Cut the potatoes and mash the contents with a little butter and salt
- Fill the skins with the choice of cheese and the homemade bacon
- Place in a tray to be grilled or baked in the BBQ until the cheese melts and has a crispy topping.
- Add more bacon sprinkles and all the toppings you like
- Serve alongside your BBQ meat!
Impress the masses with your superior cooking skills and chow down on something completely new and delicious at your BBQ. You won’t ever go back to regular bacon once you’ve learned how to cure your own - we guarantee it!