We have come up with an incredible way for you to cook your lamb to perfection! Pair this with our recipe for Salsa Verde and you have the perfect dish for your Sunday roast!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
- Shoulder of British lamb (bone-out and rolled), approx. 2kg
- 1 clove garlic, thinnly sliced
- Ross and Ross Roast Lamb Rub
- Oil (any neutral)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 30g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 20g fresh mint, picked and finely chopped
- 20g banana shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 20g gherkins, drained and finely chopped
- 20g capers (in brine), drained and finely chopped
- 100-150ml English rapeseed oil (we use Cotswold Gold)
- 15ml lemon juice
For the Salsa Verde
- Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste. You may need more oil to loosen to your liking.
- Store in the fridge until needed. This can be made a few days in advance.
- Remove an hour before ready to serve.
For the Roasted Lamb
- Using a sharp knife, pierce the skin of the lamb multiple times and push in the garlic slices.
- Rub the lamb with a little oil, then liberally sprinkle over the lamb rub and massage well. Set aside for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Remove 30 mins before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 210˚c/410˚f
- Put the lamb in a roasting tray and cover with tin foil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn down to 130°c/250°f for 4-5 hours until the lamb is tender. Check and baste from time to time. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Once rested, remove the butchers string, carve into slices or use two forks to pull apart. Place back in with any pan juices.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables and the Salsa Verde.