Try this flavourful and aromatic Cauliflower Chaat- created with spiced cauliflower florets, chickpeas, mango and pomegranate and served with a mint raita (yoghurt). The perfect side dish to glam up your dinner table!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
- One medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Ross & Ross Chilli Rub
- Salt and pepper
- One 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- One ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- Handful toasted almonds, chopped
- 1-2 tsp chaat masala spice (dependent on taste)
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt (I used Co-Yo)
- 1/2 cucumber, grated and squeezed to remove water
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 220C to roast your cauliflower.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the oil, spice and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange on a lined baking tray, then place in the oven to bake until tender and browned - around 18 to 20 minutes - turning half-way through cooking. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make your mint yoghurt, simply stir together all ingredients, then place back in the fridge until ready to use.
- Make your chaat by tossing together the cauliflower with the remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste if needed.
- Serve in bowls with spoonfuls of mint yoghurt and eat immediately.
If you liked this recipe, you will love our recipe for Tandoor Cauliflower Steaks with Mint Raita Drizzle, or our recipe for Cauliflower Dhal with Spelt Chapatis!