This Roasted Beetroot Hummus doesn’t just look amazing, it tastes amazing! Not only does this creamy dip make for the perfect healthy snack, but it is rich in all the nutrients and vitamins we need to keep healthy; such as vitamin C, potassium and folate!
Chefs tip: The good thing about this dip, is that it is so versatile! Enjoy this vibrant dip with homemade crackers, or spoon dollops over your salads, wraps or even into your tacos.
And if you really don’t have the time to roast your own beetroot, simply buy ready-cooked beetroot and add that instead. It won’t have quite so much flavour, but it will be delicious all the same.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour-1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 beetroot, washed
- 1 400g can chickpeas, drained (I like to reserve the aquafaba to make my hummus smoother!)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice half lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp Ross & Ross Sweet Ribs Rub
- Few mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C, then line a baking tray. Gently wrap your beetroot in foil and roast for 1 - 1.30 hours, or until soft. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Once the beet has cooled, remove the skin and then pulse in the blender until nearly smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until completely smooth, adding reserved aquafaba (if desired) one spoonful at a time to allow it to come together. Taste and adjust according to your palate - more or less lemon, or salt and pepper, perhaps!
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Read this informative study about how Beetroot can help with Blood pressure!