These deliciously decadent chocolate truffles will serve as a delightful treat. Not only are they the perfect little gift for your friends and family, but they make for an excellent naughty snack too!
Chef's tip: try rolling in crushed, shelled pistachio nuts; lightly toasted desiccated coconut; or roll a truffle flavoured with orange zest and juice in cocoa powder.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Cool time: 1 hour
- 300g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 250g double cream
- 25g liquid glucose
- 50g unsalted British butter (room temperature)
- 300g melted milk chocolate
- 80g cocoa powder
- Grate the dark chocolate finely.
- Boil the whipping cream and glucose together.
- Then pour over the grated chocolate. Mix well.
- Add butter and mix until evenly combined. Pour into a non-stick tray to set.
- Scoop out balls of the mix and roll into balls. Set in fridge for at least an hour.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (bowl not touching the water).
- Allow to cool but still runny.
- Dip truffle balls into the chocolate and either roll into the cocoa or other chosen garnish (see Tips).
- Store in the fridge until needed.
For more treats, take a look at our Bacon Chocolate Brownies recipe - even more chocolatey goodness!