We know that putting bacon in brownies sounds completely bizarre! But believe us, it really does work! The combination of the salty, smoky bacon and the rich chocolaty goodness is out of this world and we dare you to try it for yourself!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 100g Homemade streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons of local honey
- 60g unsalted British butter
- 120g brown sugar
- 30g white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 90g all-purpose flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 60g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (gas mark 3). Grease a 20cm square baking dish.
- Fry bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until nearly crisp. Add honey and stir until the foaming subsides. Remove the bacon onto a plate to cool.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, then mix in eggs.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl and add to the egg mixture.
- Fold bacon and chocolate chips into the mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (about 25 to 35 minutes).
- Allow brownies to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.