Makes 16 canapés.
- 6 slices of German rye bread, thinly sliced
- 100g crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 500g beetroot-cured salmon fillet, thinly sliced
- Handful of pea shoots
- A few dill sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut each slice of rye into three small rectangles and place under the grill, or in a toaster, until lightly crisp.
2. Arrange the toasted rye slices on your serving plate and top each slice with one or two thin slices of beetroot-cured salmon. Place a few pea shoots on top of the salmon, followed by a conservative teaspoon of the horseradish cream, and a sprinkling of dill. Serve immediately.