Got a dinner party coming up? In need of some tasty appetisers to get the party started? Our extraordinary Smoky cured Bacon, Brie and Cranberry Canapés will certainly have your guests coming back for more!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Makes 16 canapés
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 French baguette
- 24 thin slices of smoky-cured bacon
- 2 x 200g brie
- 100g whole cranberry sauce
- Fresh rocket, to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a griddle pan and place on a medium heat. Meanwhile, cut the baguette diagonally into 16 slices that are roughly 1cm thick.
- Once the griddle is hot, place the baguette slices on and toast both sides until golden and slightly charred, then set aside.
- Keeping the pan on a low to medium heat, add the bacon slices in batches, frying for 3-4 minutes on both sides until they are crispy and golden, then place them on a plate covered with a sheet of kitchen towel to drain.
- Heat the grill to a moderate temperature and arrange the toasted baguette slices on a baking tray. Cut the brie into 16 slices and remove the rind from each piece. Put one slice of brie onto each baguette piece then grill the tray for around 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- When you're ready to assemble your canapés, add two small dollops of cranberry sauce on top of the melted cheese, then place two bacon slices on top in a cross. Garnish each canapé with a few rocket leaves and a grind of black pepper. Serve immediately.