We have created a delicious Roast Ham recipe using our very own Roast Ham Glaze from the new Roast range. For this glaze we have used Habanero which has deep and hot chilli flavours and balanced this out with the sweetness of pineapple and peppers. The heat grows nicely and then settles with the following of the pineapple. This glaze is matched perfectly with ham or belly pork, which is why we have created this glaze for your year round Sunday roasts.
- Ham (smoked or unsmoked)
- 1 x Our Roast Ham Glaze
- 1 x Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 x Carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 litre Cider, medium
- Thyme, small bunch
- 6 x Bay Leaves
- 12 x Cloves
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 12 x Black Peppercorns
- Soak ham 12-24 hours in cold water. Change the water every four hours or so
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the ham and remaining ingredients
- Boil for 20 mins per 500g, skimming any impurities as you go
- Remove from the water and peel of the skin. Leave some fat on and then leave to rest.
- Heat oven to 200◦c
- Score the fat with crosses and stud with cloves
- Cover with some of the glaze
- Place the ham in a roasting tray with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray
- Roast for 30 minutes
- Basting and applying more glaze every 10 minutes ensuring it doesn't burn
- Rest for 30 minutes. Serve straight away or allow to cool.
This Roast Ham Recipe will blow your dinner guests away! You can use this recipe for all-year round Sunday Roasts. We would love to see some photos of the finished recipe, so tag us on social media @rossandrossgifts. You can also comment below on what you thought, we love hearing feedback from our customers.
Our British Roast Range:
Our new and spectacular British Roast Range was created with the idea to liven up the classic Sunday dinner trimmings. For example those roast potatoes, pigs in blankets and your ultimate roast dinner meats (and vegetarian/ vegan alternatives).
Why not treat yourself and your dinner guests to one of our highly-rated Roast Dinner Kits?