Burgers are a must for any good BBQ feast- but just because you don't eat meat, doesn't mean you should ever miss out! Try out this incredible vegan burger recipe complete with our fragrant Steak Rub! We guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-27 minutes
Serves: Makes 4-6 burgers
- 200g tempeh
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 200g tin sweetcorn, drained
- Large handful coriander, finely chopped
- Large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp aquafaba
- 1/2-1 tsp Ross & Ross Steak Rub
- Juice half lemon
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Miso paste
- 2-4 tbsp ground almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grilled burger buns
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh lettuce and rocket
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Steam the tempeh for 7-10 minutes until softened.
- Place the softened tempeh into a high-processed blender along with the black beans, corn, coriander and parsley. Blend until well combined, but don't process until completely smooth - you want a few chunks!
- Tip the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the aquafaba, veggie rub, lemon, Nutritional Yeast and miso, then season to taste. Stir through the ground almonds, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Shape into burger patties, then lightly brush with olive oil. Place in the pre-heated oven to bake for 20-27 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Serve with toasted burger buns, fresh greens, avocado, tomato and ketchup.