Yorkshire puddings are often the favourite part of a roast dinner and no one should ever have to go without! By following this recipe, you will be able to create ultra fluffy and crispy Yorkies that absolutely everyone can enjoy- vegan or not!
Makes 12 Yorkshire Puddings
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 300ml unsweetened soya milk (oat milk works well too)
- 100ml warm water
- 1-2tsp Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No.2
- Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil
- Get a large bowl and add the flour, the baking powder, the milk, the water and the salt- whisk together until the ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a jug, cover with cling film and put in the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas 7 and allow time for it to heat up.
- Get a muffin tray and add a tsp of the Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil to each of the 12 holes and then place the tray in the oven for around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take your batter out of the fridge and add the Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No.2, whisk together until combined.
- Remove the tray from the oven and place onto a hot hob- carefully pour or spoon in the batter into each of the holes with the oil.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until big and golden (Important note: do not open the oven until they are fully cooked or they will not rise).
- Take out of the oven and leave to rest for 1 minute before serving.