Here is a quick and easy recipe for making homemade crispy and tasty potato wedges from scratch! Perfect for having as a delicious snack or as an enjoyable side dish!
Chef's Tip: Add shredded cheese and your own cured crispy bacon to create the ultimate loaded potato wedges. Have a look at our amazing Homemade Curing Kit...Bacon Kit and find out how you can make you own crispy bacon to add on top.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Approx 1kg of potatoes (around 3 large potatoes)
- 1 tbsp of Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Salt (sea salt if possible)
- Black pepper
- Optional- add Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No.5 for spicy potato wedges.
- Turn on your oven to around 200C/ 180 fan/ gas 6 and allow it time to heat up. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Now it is time to wash and prepare your potatoes; depending on the size of your potatoes cut all of your potatoes in half and then if needs be, half them again so that they become chunky wedges.
- Add the wedges to the boiling water and allow them to cook for around 7 minutes. Drain and then leave them to dry for around 5 or so minutes.
- Add the wedges to a pan and add the Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil. Then add the rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir and turn the wedges and make sure the oil and seasoning has coated each wedge.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, turning them over halfway until they have turned golden and crispy. Then take them out and allow them to cool for 1 minute before transferring them to a dish to serve.