This Vegan Nut Roast recipe is ideal as a Christmas Dinner dish and just because it is vegan doesn't mean compromising on taste- this recipe is full of festive flavours and will please vegetarians and vegans alike!
- One leek, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 250g chopped mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1-2 tsp Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No. 2
- 1-2 tsp Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No. 5
- 1.5 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400g mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup cooked green lentils
- Large handful parsley
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup oats
- Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil
- Heat some Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil in a pan. Gently fry the leek, then add in the garlic. Heat for a few minutes, until fragrant, then add in the celery, carrot, mushrooms and seasonings and cook until softening.
- Stir in the nuts, lentils and parsley, then tip into a food processor or blender. Pulse until the mixture breaks down and sticks together, but some of the nuts still retain a bit of their texture. Stir through the cranberries, then add just enough oats until the mixture is firm enough to handle. Season with salt and pepper and add Ross & Ross Rub No.2 & No.5 to taste, if desired.
- Place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until the loaf is completely firm on top. Check the loaf half-way through cooking and cover with foil if browning too fast. Once cooked, allow to cool for half an hour before slicing and serving with gravy.
A good roast is not complete without the delicious and warming gravy to go with it; so why not follow our fantastic recipe for Vegan Gravy.
Don't forget to check out The Panty where you will find everything you could possibly need to bring the flavours of your dishes to a whole new level.