Our delicious vegan gravy recipe is super simple and really quick to make- we guarantee that it will make the perfect accompaniment to any vegetarian or vegan dish!
- 1 white onion- diced
- 1 tbsp Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil
- 1 tsp Ross and Ross Veggie Rub No.2 or Roast Dinner Dust
- 150ml vegan white wine
- 150ml med dry cider
- 500ml veggie stock
- 1 tsp marmite
- Fresh herbs (small bunch of each: rosemary, thyme & parsley
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with water into a paste
- Salt & pepper
- Sweat the onion in Roast Potato Oil for 5 minutes on a medium/low temperature in a saucepan. Add the Veggie Rub No. 2 or Roast Dinner Dust. Cook 5 mins whilst stirring.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the white wine and reduce by half. Then add the cider and reduce by half again. Add the veggie stock and marmite, herbs and maple syrup. Stir well and season to taste. Bring to boil then turn down to simmer for 20 mins or so. Stirring every so often.
- At this point, if you wanted you gravy smooth, you can transfer it to a blender or use a hand blender. You can also adjust the texture; if the gravy is too thin, scoop out a small portion of the gravy and whisk in 1-2 tsp of cornstarch until there are no clumps left and then add it back to the batch. If the gravy is too thick, use any reserved or spare vegetable stock to thin it out.
- Serve the gravy hot in a gravy boat or jug. This gravy can be stored in a refrigerator for up to five days or a freezer for up to one month.
This gravy will go perfectly with our recipes for Vegan Nut Roast and Whole Roast Cauliflower. And why not have a look at our wonderful Veggie Range filled with some spectacular veggie and vegan products!