Looking to try something a bit different to enhance your traditional steak?
This fantastic recipe uses our Steak Rub to draw out the sweet and smoky Umami flavours, and add a subtle kick of chipotle and Guajillo chilli.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 350g of Aged Rib-Eye Steak (thick cut)
- British Butter (optional)
- Ross & Ross Steak Rub - gives additional umami flavours
- Oil - we use British Rapeseed Oil
- Ross & Ross Original BBQ Salt (or British Sea Salt)
- Rub the Beef with a little Steak Rub, and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Take out one-hour before cooking and season with Sea Salt really well. It may look like a lot of salt, but most will fall off during the cooking!
- Heat the pan to hot, and rub the Beef with a little Oil.
- Sear the sides first and render some of the fat.
- Cook on one side for 2 mins then turn over and cook for another 2 mins - building up the all-important crust on each side.
- Add Butter and baste the Steak. Continue cooking and turning.
- Test the Steak with a meat thermometer. Once it hits 54°C, remove from the pan and rest in a warm place for at least 10 mins. It will continue to cook to around 58°C for medium-rare. Or continue cooking to your liking.
- If slicing to serve - season with Salt and Pepper to taste.