We have come up with an incredible way for you too cook your lamb to perfection! Pair this with our recipe for Salsa Verde and you have the perfect dish for your spring-time Sunday roast!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
- Shoulder of English Lamb (bone-in and rolled), approx. 2kg
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 15g fresh mint, picked and finely chopped
- 20g banana shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 20g gherkins, drained and finely chopped
- 20g capers (in brine), drained and finely chopped
- 100ml English rapeseed oil
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 15ml lemon juice
- For the Salsa Verde, mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
- Store in the fridge until needed. This can be made a few days in advance.
- Remove an hour before ready to serve.
- For the Roasted lamb preheat the oven to 130°C/250°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Using a sharp knife, pierce the skin of the lamb around five times and push in the garlic slices and season all over. Set aside.
- Put the Lamb in a roasting tray in the oven for 4-5 hours until the lamb is tender. Remove from the oven, cover in tin foil and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Once rested, the lamb bone should simply pull out, then carve in slices or use two forks to pull apart.
- Serve with buttered cavolo nero and the salsa verde.