As you guys know, we absolutely love bacon here at Ross & Ross Gifts, so we came up with a brilliant dish that add a bit of spice to your cured bacon!
Chef's Tip: For this recipe, I have gone for a piece of 'Original cure' bacon, created using our original Homemade Curing Kit...Bacon. I then cooked and lightly smoked it on the BBQ using cherry wood chips (you can use the oven for some of the cooking process if you like). Although our Pineapple & Habanero BBQ Jam is one of our hottest BBQ jams- the smoked and sweetened bacon fat will help to mellow it down slightly.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hr
- 500g x whole piece original streaky bacon (rind removed)
- 1 x jar Ross & Ross Habanero & Pineapple BBQ Jam
- Preheat oven to 140c and light the BBQ. Or just use the BBQ and allow for the wood and coal to reach 140c
- Place bacon into a roasting tin, cover tightly with foil and cook for 30 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Place the BBQ Jam near the BBQ in a saucepan to warm slightly.
- Take the bacon to the BBQ (if not there already) and glaze with the BBQ Jam. Place onto indirect heat and cook for 20-30 mins to get some smoke onto the bacon. Obviously you can smoke for longer if you want a really smoky taste and play around with different woods.
- Move to direct heat (over the coals)
- Carefully turn and glaze every 5 mins or so with the jam. Ensure it does not catch and burn.
- Serve with more BBQ Jam on the side.