Bored of basic oven chips or over-salted fast food fries?
Why not try our delicious Salt & Vinegar Salt Chips to add in those zingy flavours without ruining the crispy chip texture. No more soggy chips!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 75 minutes
- 1kg of Maris Piper potatoes - peeled & cut into chips, and rinsed in water
- Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil (or Rapeseed Oil)
- Ross & Ross Salt & Vinegar Salt
- British Sea Salt
- Gently boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 mins. Drain and leave them on the side to steam for 20 mins.
- Ruffle up the sides very gently and season with the British Sea Salt. Leave in the fridge uncovered overnight.
- Gently fry the chips in a tray of Roast Potato Oil for around 5 mins but do not colour.
- Drain on a paper towel. Cool, then leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- Heat the oven to 220°C (fan).
- Heat around 1/2cm of Oil in a roasting tray in the oven.
- Then heat the tray on the hob and carefully add the chips, cook for couple of minutes to get them started, turning once.
- Then cook the chips in the oven for around 30 mins until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Season well with Salt & Vinegar Salt.
- Serve immediately.
We would love to see your creations so feel free to tag us on social media, using @rossandrossgifts