This delicious Roasted Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad has a creamy, dreamy tahini dressing and is perfect for lunch boxes, or eating warm when working for home! It is nourishing, simple to prepare and all kinds of delicious!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp Ross & Ross Sweet Ribs Rub for Pork
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I recommend cooking in vegetable stock)
- 5 large handfuls spinach
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice half to one lemon (to taste)
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Water, to thin
- Preheat the oven to 210C, then line a large baking tray. In a mixing bowl, toss together your sweet potato cubes with a drizzle of oil (I used 1 tbsp olive oil), along with the paprika and sea salt and black pepper to taste. Place on the baking tray and roast for 15 minutes, before turning and roasting for a further 10-15 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Set aside.
- In the meantime, make your tahini dressing by whizzing all ingredients together in a small processor (alternatively, just mix with a fork!). Add a tablespoon of water at a time until you reach your desired consistency, then season to taste.
- Make your salad by tossing together the cooked quinoa, spinach, rocket, avocado, pomegranate, chopped parsley and cooked sweet potato. Serve warm or cold, drizzled with tahini dressing.
If you liked this recipe, you will love our recipe for Tempeh & Black Bean Burgers or our recipe for Tandoori Cauliflower Steaks with Mint Raita Drizzle!