This super quick and easy BBQ recipe will certainly add some zest to your BBQ buffet!
Fresh fish, smoky chorizo and sweet, vibrant heat- combine this with our Sweet Chilli & Lime BBQ Jam and you're in for a magnificent flavour explosion!
Prep time: 5 minutes (optional: plus salting for 1 hour)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2-4 (Makes 4 Skewers)
- 16 x Raw Jumbo Prawns (black membrane removed)
- 150g Salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 1 x Chorizo stick (approx. 200g, skin removed)
- Ross & Ross Sweet Chilli & Lime BBQ Jam
- Lime (optional)
- Sea Salt
- Oil (we used our Spicy BBQ Oil or British rapeseed oil)
- Metal skewers or wooden (that have been soaked in water)
- Cut salmon into squarish pieces.
- Cut Chorizo into similar size pieces as the salmon
- Add onto skewers. We went chorizo, salmon, two prawns and repeat. You can do whichever order you like. The chorizo at the end is good as a stopper!
- Then lightly sprinkle with sea salt and place in fridge for one hour. This is optional but does help the flavour and build the smoky flavour.
- Light the BBQ. You will be cooking directly over the charcoal. The addition of wood chips would be great with this. We used Alder for a light smoke.
- Remove the skewers from the fridge
- Once the BBQ is really hot, oil the skewers lightly and place on the grates directly above the heat of the charcoal. Cut the lime in halve and place on the BBQ too to char. Add the wood chips.
- Baste with the BBQ Jam. Close the lid of the BBQ if you have one. NOTE: we left the BBQ Jam near the heat to warm through slightly to make it easier to baste
- Baste every few mins with more BBQ Jam. Turning occasionally until salmon is cooked to your liking and prawns cooked through.
- You should see some nice caramelisation. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat, leave to rest for a few minutes, squeeze over the charred limes and serve.