Warm Rice, Roasted Sprout, Pecan, Pomegranate Salad - with the addition of chickpeas, herbs, lemon and pistachio too! A delicious alternative for the seasonal Brussels Sprout during this Festive period.
For the sprouts:
- 400g Brussel Sprouts, prepared and sliced in half
- Ross & Ross Brussel Sprout Dust
- Drizzle Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 400g cooked and prepared rice (we used a mix of wild rice and quinoa)
- Half tin chickpeas, drained
- One red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Two handsfuls pecans, chopped
- One small handful pistachios, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Ross & Ross Brussel Sprout Dust, to taste, OR pinch chilli flakes.
- To serve with: fresh parsley, lemon juice, pomegranate seeds.
- Start by preheating the oven to 200C. Place your prepared sprouts on a lined baking tray and drizzle in Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil. Sprinkle over the Ross & Ross Sprout Dust to coat, then season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss the sprouts so that they are all evenly covered. Place in the oven to roast for 30 to 40 minutes, constantly checking that the sprouts are not burning or browning too fast. If they are, lower the heat or cover with foil. Remove once slightly crisp around the edges and a light brown. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat some Roast Potato Oil, then fry the onion for a few minutes. Add in the garlic and continue to fry, stirring often, until the onion is starting to go translucent. Tip in the cooked rice, pecans, chickpeas, pistachios and cooked sprouts – as well as the Sprout Dust or chilli flakes, if using - and continue to cook, stirring often, until warm and fragrant. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with plenty of pomegranate seeds, fresh parsley and drizzles of fresh lemon.
If you like this recipe, you will love our recipe for the Squash & Cranberry Christmas Wreath.
Why not make your Christmas feast spectacular with our award-winning Veggie Roast Dinner Kit or our Christmas Roast Dinner Box, packed full of goodies to bring your Christmas Dinner to a whole new level.