Our Cranberry Sauce Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and rich and a great accompaniment to your roast all year round.
Chef's tip: Pop any remaining cranberry sauce into jars or bags and store in the cupboard of the freezer. We kept some out to put on top of ice cream, which although it sounds strange, it was absolutely delicious!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 450g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 210g caster sugar
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 4 pears (peeled, cored & diced)
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- a good glug of port
- salt & pepper
- Sealable jars (2 large)
- Chopping board
- Sterilise the jars in a hot oven for 10 minutes (but not if you plan to just freeze the sauce in bags).
- Gently heat the orange juice and sugar in a pan, add spices and stir gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries, pears, port & orange zest.
- Continue to stir occasionally, gently simmering until the cranberries collapse. Then season with salt & pepper.
- Remove the cinnamon and star anise.
- Pour your sauce into your sterilised jars and store in a cool, dark place, or simple ladle into bags and freeze once cooled.