The roast potato is an essential addition to the Christmas feast and these wonderfully fluffy and crispy potatoes are not only delicious, but vegan too, making them perfect for all to tuck into!
- 1 kg Maris Piper potatoes, chopped into quarters (or in half if small)
- 1/2 cup Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil
- 1 tsp Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No.2
- Preheat oven to 220C and prepare a large roasting tin.
- Place your chopped potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil on a hob, then reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are starting to soften (8-10 minutes).
- Pour the Ross & Ross Roast Potato Oil into the roasting tin, then place in the oven for five minutes until boiling hot.
- Drain your potatoes, shaking them about until they are fluffy on the edges.
- Place potatoes into the baking tin - very carefully! - and toss in the oil. Sprinkle over your Ross & Ross Veggie Rub No.2, then place in the oven to bake for around 35 minutes, or until crispy, turning twice through baking. Sprinkle with a touch more salt if desired before serving.